As a company, we’ve always been committed to producing cruelty-free products. As we continue to grow, we pledge to work to take steps forward in sustainability by sourcing materials that will help minimize our carbon footprint.
That’s our #PixiePromise to you.
On June 17, 2020, we started working with Terrapass to offset the carbon emissions that we have produced since day one in 2010. Additionally, from this day onwards, we will carbon offset shipments for all online orders at no cost to you.
This investment in sustainability is a pledge to the long-term health of the planet, and our company.
Terrapass funds these projects to destroy greenhouse gases and produce renewable energy:
• Farm power: Using animal waste to produce electricity, fertilizer, and bedding for animals
• Landfill gas capture: Converting methane emissions from landfills to renewable electricity
• Clean energy from wind power: Wind energy displaces electricity that is generated by dirty fossil fuels like gas and coal
• Abandoned coal mine methane capture: Capturing methane emissions from coal beds in abandoned mines and using them to generate electricity
To learn more, or to join us in the fight against climate change, please visit https://www.terrapass.com/
By using corn-based packaging in our SS20 collection we have diverted 2 tonnes of plastic that would otherwise continue to sit in our landfills.
Any foam found in our packaging is EPE foam, a 100% recyclable material. This foam is used to package some of our products to protect them and to retain their shape. Please recycle your EPE foam after unwrapping your new bag!
Plastic water bottles? Not cool. Recycled fabric? Now that’s pretty awesome. Our SS20 collection diverted 100,000 plastic bottles from landfills, repurposing harmful plastic into recycled fabric to line the bags in our newest collection.
PVC is so last decade. We only use the highest quality PU leather materials in our products. PU is a form of vegan synthetic leather, typically lighter than animal leather, and does not use toxic chemicals like chlorine, which are harmful to the environment and our bodies, in the manufacturing process. It also works well in colder climates and is more durable than PVC. So long, polyvinyl chloride!
All of our cork fabric is harvested from cork oak trees in rural areas throughout Portugal. When the tree has reached 20 years of age, cork is harvested in a sustainable method of removing the bark of the tree. Cork oak trees are the only trees that can have their bark removed and continue to live and grow for over 200 years. This highly sustainable material is 100% natural, biodegradable and can be found used in a number of our bags, such as the Nicole Pouch.
To ensure the safety of all our workers and consumers, all our materials are tested to meet the CA Prop 65 standard annually. We take responsibility in upholding a safe environment for our consumers and workers through annual visits to our manufacturers to ensure standards are met. To learn more, click here.
Here at Pixie Mood, we understand the importance of providing our customers with products that are produced in a legal and socially responsible manner. We require all manufacturers to agree and adhere to strict standards for the production of the merchandise we sell. The standards include prohibitions on child and forced labour, as well as treating workers with respect and fair wages.
• No Forced Labour: No use of forced labour, whether it is prison, indentured or bonded labour
• No Child Labour: No person younger than 15 years of age shall be employed
• No Harassment or Abuse: All employees shall be treated with respect and dignity. No employee shall be subjected to any physical, sexual, psychological or verbal abuse
• Health and Safety: Employers shall provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees
• Wages and Benefits: Employers shall pay employees sufficient wages to meet at minimum their basic needs