All Pixie Mood bags are 100% cruelty-free and created without any animal by-products. As we continue to grow, we are constantly on the search for more sustainable and innovative materials to use in our designs.
To ensure the safety of all our workers and consumers, all our materials are tested to meet the CA Prop 65 standard annually. We take responsibility in upholding a safe environment for our consumers and workers through annual visits to our manufacturers to ensure standards are met. For more information, please visit their website.
All our vegan leather bags are made from pure polyurethane (PU) leather which is form of synthetic leather, typically lighter than animal leather. Unlike PVC, PU does not use toxic chemicals like chlorine, which are harmful to the environment and our bodies, in the manufacturing process. It also works well in colder climates and is more durable than PVC.
All of our cork fabric is harvested from cork oak trees in rural areas throughout Portugal. When the tree has reached 20 years of age, cork is harvested in a sustainable method of removing the bark of the tree. Cork oak trees are the only trees which can have their bark removed and continue to live and grow for over 200 years. This highly sustainable material is 100% natural, biodegradable and can be found used in a number of our bags, such as the Nicole Pouch.
To ensure the safety of our consumers, all our hardware is tested and compliant to the EU REACH Standard which has been adopted to improve the protection of human health and the environment from the risks posed by chemicals. For more information, please visit their website.
We understand the importance of providing our customers products that are produced in a legal and socially responsible manner. We require all manufactures to agree and adhere to strict standards for the production of the merchandise we sell. These are the minimum standards that we expect all manufactures to conduct business with us. The standards include prohibitions on child labor, forced labor, treating works with respect and fair wages.
We ensure that:
- No Forced Labor: No use of forced labor, whether it is prison labor, indentured labor or bonded labor.
- No Child Labor: No person shall be employed at an age younger than 15 years
- No Harassment or Abuse: All employees shall be treated with respect and dignity. No employee shall be subjected to any physical, sexual, psychological or verbal abuse
- Health and Safety: Employers shall provide a safe and healthy working environment
- Wages and Benefits: Employers shall pay employees sufficient wages to meet their employees basic needs.